Friday, September 20, 2013

Krispy Kremes!

Honestly, I thought about bailing on the whole dress up like a pirate to get free donuts plan.  But while we were at the thrift store, searching for hot wheel cars for my art project, my boyfriend told me we had to do it because I had blogged about it.

So, we scoured the store, searching for things we could use to dress up like pirates.  We found a toy parrot, a pirate hat, and a shirt.

When we got home, he took off the buttons and threaded a shoe lace through the holes and did the same to one of my shirts.  (He's so crafty!)  They ended up looking pretty awesome.

The plan was to go to the Krispy Kreme near my school, but before we left my house, I remembered I had forgotten to print some pictures I needed for the morning.  I quickly went to CVS's website and it said the estimated pick up time would be tomorrow at 11AM.  Not good enough if I needed them by 9AM!

The stress of everything hit me like a giant wave and I started freaking out.  We went to CVS to see what they could do and I ended up having to print them instantly, making them cost A LOT more than they would have. At least I got them, I guess.

Donuts sounded really good after that so we went to the Krispy Kreme that was kind of closer.  I had wanted to take a bunch of pictures of us dressed up in our costumes and eating donuts, but I didn't take very many.  I had left my camera in the car.

Also, as soon as I walked out the door with donuts, I gave half my costume to some kid so he could get donuts too.  Goodbye Parrot.  Goodbye Pirate Hat that was too small for my head.  Goodbye Krispy Kreme eyepatch that boyfriend made and broke while I was in line!

Overall, despite a few bumps in the road, I had a great day!

How was your day?

 

2 comments:

Janna Renee said...

Haha kind of anti-climactic without pictures and being in a rush, but it's great that you gave your costume to a little boy!!

lil desiqua said...

Stopping by from the blog hop...
You got free donuts for dressing like a pirate?!? That is awesome!! And very nice of you to give the kid your props!!