Sunday, November 24, 2013

Motivation

I'm Caitlyn and I'm an alcoholic a chocoholic.

I'm a planner.  There was once a time when I was so motivated to lose weight that I spent all my time pinning exercises and motivational quotes on Pinterest.   Then I would plan out my weekly workouts.  But it never got much farther than there.  Instead I would go to the gym with my boyfriend and do whatever he wanted to to.  It was just easier than going by myself.  Then, we got busy and stopped going. 

I need to find my motivation again.  Start eating healthier and going back to the gym.

In my planning phase, I had written down some reasons why I wanted to lose weight, kind as a reminder to myself why I want to do this.

Here are a few of those reasons:
  1. So I stop wearing out the inner thighs of my pants.   It never fails.  All of my jeans become destroyed all at once.  I go shopping to get new pants and I end up feeling like Regina, wanting to give up on jeans because it seems like sweats are all that fit me right now.
  2. I won't dread seeing myself in pictures.  It seems kind of ironic.  I'm a photographer and take pictures of everything around me, yet turning the camera around freaks me out a little.  I don't know if its because the people who have taken pictures of me are bad photographers or I just look horrible in photographs, I just don't want to feel that way anymore. 
  3. I'm not engaged,  but I want to look amazing in my wedding dress when I am. I hope this is self-explanatory. 
  4. So I can look in a mirror without picking myself apart.  I don't think I'm part of the cliche, i.e. Mean Girls, Mirror Scene.  But there are times when I do that, and I wish I didn't.
  5. Just to prove to myself that I CAN.


5 comments:

Donna said...

Visiting from Venus Trapped! You have great reasons for wanting to get in shape. Looking good in pictures is a big one for me too, the minute a camera comes out I want to hide and dread looking at any pictures of myself that people might snap. Can't wait to follow along, good luck!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Soooo let's talk about wearing out the inner thighs of pants. Let's talk about that. I have THE SAME PROBLEM.

And number 5. YOU GOT THIS. I know you can! :)

Miss Riss said...

Your #5...yes!! I've tried so many times to get a good workout plan going, healthy eating plans, and so forth, but I have a problem with discipline and it just never lasts long. I want to prove to myself that I CAN do this! I can turn this around! And I know you'll be able to too!

Mary @ Eat Drink and Be Mary said...

I loveeee all your mean girl references that is right up my alley!! I'm kicking it in gear now and agree wth pretty much all of your reasons minus the photographer part--I would love to be a photographer. Jealous!

Kirst Semler said...

Love all of these! Great goals! I agree with the whole pants thing… kind of a pain! New follower! Found you from the blog hop. Feel free to stop on by!
Xo,
Kirstie
semlerfamily.blogspot.com