Thursday, January 23, 2014

First Day of School: Spring Semester

I have been pretty silent around blogland lately.  Not because I wanted to be.  Every time I started a post, I would get halfway through it and instantly hate every word that I wrote.  I would tell myself that I would finish it when I woke up, but that never happened.

Today is the first day of Spring Semester.  I had to wake up at 7am for the first time since December and it was awful.  I couldn't fall asleep last night until midnight, even though I turned my laptop off at 9pm and read for two hours, trying to get my mind to rest.

Eventually, I put the book down and just laid in the dark, which usually works when I'm really tired.  I don't know if it was because I hadn't gone to bed before midnight in six weeks, school, or something else, but my brain would not shut down.  It was kind of awful.  But I didn't wake up super tired this morning, so that's good!

There was no traffic on the way to school today.  I found parking nearly right away, which is amazing for the first day of school.  Then I saw Scotty, one of the teachers I met last semester and will have for 3D Design Concepts this semester.  Hopefully.

I'm currently enrolled in his class, but at the very beginning of my first class, Art History Beyond the West,  we are told that we won't be getting credit for the class unless we have passed or are currently enrolled in this required writing class, which I have been trying to get into since I transferred here.

I emailed the teacher of the writing class because the enrollment website claims two sections are open.  If I get into one of them, everything should be fine.  BUT if I don't get into the 10:30 class on Monday, I might have to drop Scotty's class.  And if I don't get into either section, then I'm just...screwed. 

Hopefully things will work out and I won't have to drop any classes though!  :]

How has your week been going?

No comments: