Monday, February 3, 2014

SuperBowl Recap: My Favorite Ads


We all know that the Super Bowl kind of sucked this year and I'm not just saying that because the Seahawks won.  I would have just liked to see some kind of game, you know?  It seemed really one sided and lame.  Anyways, I'm not here to talk about the game.  Instead, I'm going to show you some of my favorite commercials.

Because You Have Always Wanted to Ride Your Dog Like a Horse

Don't even lie.  You have had fantasies of riding a dog as a horse as long as you can remember and you are totally jealous of this little kid.  It may not be the perfectly executed ad, but it definitely does it's job at capturing your attention and showing you the product, unlike some of the other commercials that had you guessing until the end.  -coughTurboTaxcough-

 

Full House Reunion

Growing up, I watched Full House pretty much everyday because reruns were played on ABC Family right when I would get home from school and of course there is always Nick at Nite.  So you could imagine my excitement when I found out about their reunion on Late Night and their appearance in the Super Bowl.  I think this commercial perfectly captures the chemistry between the characters I once loved so much.

 

Puppy Love is Always a Winner

This particular commercial took me a few watches to truly appreciate it.  Of course the cuteness is adorable and perfect, but I don't really like commercials that don't have anything to do with the product being sold, at all.  But who can say no to that cute puppy face?  I'm really glad the horse guy decided to buy the puppy.  Hey and the horse deserve to be together!


 

By Far My Favorite. 

All he wanted was some yogurt and everybody freaked out!  When I first saw it, I couldn't tell if he took the yogurt with him when he left or not.  I realized he did and that just made it even better.  Did anybody notice the magazine cover headlines?  "Hairiest Celebs Ever".  Haha. 


 

The Ad That Isn't An Ad 

Can we just talk about how genius this Newcastle Brown Ale ad is? Whoever figured out a way to advertise without paying the $4mil per 30 second slot deserves a medal.  At least a raise.  AND they have two minutes.  Yeah, the ad didn't show on TV and they can't say Super Bowl or Game, but who cares?  Anna Kendrick is awesome and Newcastle Brown Ale has gotten tons of exposure.  Over 4 million views in five days is pretty impressive.



Did you watch the Super Bowl?  What were your favorite ads?


Follow Here! Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | 

No comments: