Friday, May 11, 2012

5 Things To Do While Sick

For about a week or so, I've been sick with a severe sore throat, cough, earache, fever, the whole bit.  I wasn't able to go to school or work so if you couldn't already guess, I was extremely bored and I couldn't do much because I became weak and tired quite easily.

Here are some things that might make being sick in bed just a tad bit more fun, or at least productive!

  1. SLEEP - I caught up on a LOT of sleep and resting is the best thing you can do while you are ill (along with drinking plenty of fluids). On Tuesday, I slept until 5 PM and then I went to the doctor, which wasn't fun, but I had so much more energy they next day.
  2. WATCH A MOVIE - Okay, I do this all the time, but nothing beats putting on your favorite movie to make  you feel better. Today, I watched some old classics Short Circuit and The Fugitive and I did it while laying next to my boyfriend who came by to keep me company, which made it even better.
  3. READ - Unfortunately, I never seem to make enough time for me to finish books that I have started.  They take significantly longer now that I'm not in high school and my schedule has gotten busier. Currently, I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia series and it's frustrating me because it's taking me longer to read than it would have a few years ago. 
  4. WORK ON A PROJECT - Well, a project that requires little to no energy. This could be writing, crafts, anything you haven't had a chance to finish.  I took the time to finish writing on the back of the pictures I had printed a few months ago and adding them to my photo album.  It was incredibly fulfilling and provided me with a feeling of great accomplishment.
  5. RELAX - Use the day as a spa day and relax. Take a bubble bath! Sadly, I did not do this, but I wish I had. I did take multiple showers because I felt so dirty and the steam seemed to make me feel better.
What do you to do keep from being bored when you are sick?

No comments: