Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Blogging Era and Some Goals



Hey everyone!

At the beginning of summer, my laptop died.  R.I.P. Preston.  You are dearly missed.

Luckily, it happened after school ended, so there wasn't any problems with that.

I tried my best to "unplug" and enjoy my time away from school and responsibility, but I still ended up using my iPod Touch ALL THE TIME. (Yeah. I'm lame and don't have an iPhone or any version of a "good phone".  Just a crappy Windows phone that doesn't even have Instagram!)

Anyways, now that school is about to start again, I got a new laptop! It's a MacBook Pro and I'm absolutely smitten. I've been doing loads of homework and editing what little pictures I took over the summer. 

Due to it being the beginning of a new month and a new blogging era all at once, I have decided to start off with a few goals.

September Goals

1. GET BACK INTO BLOGGING.  During my time away, I have missed blogging SO much. You don't even know.  Blogging gives me a reason to take pictures, to make goals, and it's a great way to spend your time.  Also, it's a good way to keep track of things that you have done. Personally, I hate keeping journals, so blogging is where it's at.  I am hoping to participate in Blogtember on Story of my Life.  Are you going to be doing the challenge?
2. REVAMP THE BLOG DESIGN.  I like my blog design, but I'm not in love with it.  It's time for a change.  I just don't know what I want to do with it yet.  Does anybody have any ideas? I'm open to pretty much anything right now.
3. READ THREE BOOKS FOR FUN.  You would think that I would have read more while my laptop was out of service, but you would be wrong.  I don't know what it was but I probably read a total of three books, all summer.  I started reading more once the beginning of school crept closer and closer.  I want to keep that up.  Currently, I'm reading a copy of Fight Club that my friend lent to me.
4. CLEAN MY ROOM (AND KEEP IT CLEAN).  I don't think my room is ever going to STAY clean, but it's worth a try, right? Hopefully, by the end of the month, my room will be clean. Right now, it's pretty much a disaster.  I've had embroidery thread all over my floor that I've been trying to clean up for a month, clean clothes I never got around to putting away piled on the floor and junk mail cluttered everywhere.  It's time to clean up that mess.
5. TAKE PICTURES.  I carry my camera with me everywhere, but I rarely take it out of my bag now.   I need to get back into the habit of taking pictures when I see something interesting. I love photography and I need to stick with it, especially now that I can edit my pictures.  Practice makes perfect!

Wish me luck! What are you goals for this month?


 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Blogging is way more fun than journaling, in my opinion!

Melissa Boo said...

Good luck with your goals. One of my yearly goals is to read 50 books. I think I'm at 37! Shorter books go so much faster. Ha!