Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Musical Obsessions

I often go through musical phases where I will listen to the same song over and over and then just stop listening to it for the longest time.  For awhile, I hadn't been listening to much of anything other than Christian music because my iPod's battery has basically died. It lasts for about...a minute.  I can play my iPod in my car, but it's just easier not to and just play the radio. 

About a month or so ago, I decided to change the station to Country music.  I guess I was feeling nostalgic or something because I grew up listening to Country music.  Whatever the reason, it catapulted my to listen to a variety of things again.

Tonight, when driving home, I scanned through stations trying to find the right song so much it was ridiculous.  The problem with the radio is, there are very few songs that I actually like that are being played.  Mainstream music.  Blech.  I'm such a hipster. 

Here are a few of my current musical obsessions:


Rarely do I ever listen to Eminem, or rap for that matter.  The number of Eminem songs that I like could probably be counted on one hand.  But this song, it's just so powerful.  I actually found it when I was looking at the Top 40 lists in France for a project I'm working on.  It's strange that a majority of their Top 40 songs are American songs.  Because the title has to do with monsters, I HAD to listen to it and then fell in love.

This song. I really need to just go ahead and download this song.  A LONG time ago, I heard this song at the gym and was like "I know this song.  I love this song." and then it was stuck in my head for days.  I never did download it then and now it's back in my head.  Maybe I'll go download it now.  Maybe not.  Either way, it's a great song and I'm glad it keeps coming back into my life. 

 If you saw me in my car and this song was playing, you would notice two things.
1.  My volume is up WAYYYYYYY too loud.
2.  I cannot sit still during this song.
I love pretty much anything Luke Bryan.  His songs are super catchy and fun to sing.  I just wish I had some country roads I could drive down while listening to him. Instead, I get to drive down a traffic filled freeway at 30 mph. 

What have you been listening to?


No comments: