Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bad News After Bad News

Lately, it has felt as if the boyfriend is being hit over and over with awful things.  First, he has to have gallbladder removal surgery.  Then he can't take the job that was lined up for him.  His grandfather passing away two days after Christmas to seem like the straw that broke the camel's back, but then we found out something today that just added to the whole mess of things.

One of my favorite elder ladies from church passed away as well.  During our "double friend date" where my boyfriend and I were going to see two different movies with some friends, my boyfriend pulled me to the side and told me the news. The last time I saw her, she had recently been in a car accident and needed surgery on her wrist.  I gave her a ride home from church and we talked about all kinds of things.  I started to really get to know her.  I found out that last year, nobody gave her any gifts for Christmas. 

That didn't make any sense to me.  She has family and they didn't take the time to give her anything.  Not even a card.  It just wasn't right, so just in case it happened again, I decided to get her some gifts of my own. But I never got to give her those gifts. 

I called her a few days ago to see if I could bring them over, but she was at her daughter's house.  She wasn't at church this past Sunday either.  I didn't think much of it because I had just talked to her, but I guess things were worse than they seemed or something.  I just wish I knew what had happened to her. 

I really hope she was able to experience joy between the the last time I saw her and today.  I also hope her family showed her the love she deserved.  I'm going to miss her so much.  At least I have the scarf I bought for her to remind me of what a wonderful woman she was. 

Follow Here! Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | 

1 comment:

Jamie Hart said...

Awww! I'm sorry for the bad hand that has been dealt to you and your loved ones lately. Just remind yourself that it doesn't "Storm" forever!
"That which we have once enjoyed, we never lose. All that we deeply love becomes a part of us."
Here's to hoping that 2014 is ten times as blessed as your last year!