Friday, December 27, 2013

Put the Give Back in Giving Card Swap

When my family moved to Ohio, we left a lot of stuff in my grandparents' garage.  Some of it is still there, seven years later.  They aren't exactly happy about that.  They want their garage space back.

When I graduated high school, about three and a half years ago, my mom was here and went through all of the stuff  We had a garage sale and she took some stuff back with her.  She left me with a small box filled with holiday decorations.  Things I had made during elementary school.  Ornaments that were given to me when I was a baby.  The plate we would put cookies on for Santa when he came to leave us our presents.

Also in that box was a bag full of unused Christmas cards.  Every year, I attempt to send some out, but i never know who to send them to.  Usually, I just send them to my mom and a few pen pals.  This year, I sent two.  I forgot to send my mom's to her.  So that meant, one to my great grandma and one to Jaime from You Gotta Have Hart.
One day, a few weeks back, Janna from Perception is Everything announced that she was having a holiday gift swap.  We could choose to swap gifts or cards.  Thinking about that stack of cards from my mom's box, I opted for the card swap.

I'm glad I decided to join the holiday swap because that meant I got to "meet" an amazing blog lady.  Jaime is pretty awesome.  She has great stories, some happy, some not so much.  She has gone through things that I couldn't imagine anybody having to ever go through.  My only regret is not getting to know her better before I sent the card.  I had no idea what to write in it, so I'm pretty sure it failed hard.  It's the thought that counts, right!?
Perception Is Everything

Follow Here! Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | 

1 comment:

Jamie @ You Gotta Have Hart said...

Your card was perfect!!! I'm so glad to have "met" you and am excited to follow along on your blogging journey and get to know you better!!