Saturday, December 7, 2013

If My Life Were a 70s Sitcom

I was going to post something about my hair today, but because yesterday was gloomy and lazy, I didn't end up taking pictures of my hair.  My best friend is going to Paul Mitchell's hair school, so I visited her last Saturday and again on Thursday.

On Saturday, she transformed my virgin hair by adding blonde highlights.  By virgin hair, I mean, it had never been dyed before.  She didn't have time to cut it on Saturday, so I went back Thursday morning.  I am absolutely in love with the color.  Not so much the cut, but I told her to do whatever she wanted.  I'll probably go back once she gets more comfortable cutting hair and get something that I really want.

ANYWAYS.  Pictures will come eventually, but today, I'm going to be sharing something I've been thinking about for a few weeks.

source
My boyfriend and I have been watching That 70's Show on Netflix.  Obviously, we have seen random episodes, but never straight through.  It's not that great, but it's pretty entertaining and provides decent background noise for when I'm doing homework.

Because of this show, I started wondering, what would my life be like if it were a 70s sitcom?

...I would know how to  use a blow dryer to make my hair resemble Farrah Fawcett.
...I would probably smoke pot in somebody's basement.
...There would be wayyyy too much polyester in my closet.
...My parents would probably be angry all the time. Or be super chill.  Depends on if they smoke pot or not.
...I would attend awesome concerts featuring Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Aerosmith.
...My virginity wouldn't matter as much to me as it does now. 
...The Beatles would have been together during my lifetime.
...I would be attracted to dumb guys who I thought could get me beer, weed, and most importantly, sex. 
...My house would be incredibly ugly.  Can you say shag carpets?
...Nobody would understand the concept of diversity.  Black people were just barely being given basic human rights!
While writing this, I just realized I have yet to encounter a black person on That 70s Show.  How is that okay!?  I mean, I understand that they live in Wisconsin, the land of white people, but still.  Diversity is a staple here in California. It comes with the territory, literally.  You know, because we took the land from the Mexicans and they never left.... ANYWAYS!

What do you think your life would be like if it were a 70's sitcom?

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

I am with you on the hair dryer to make your hair look like a celeb.
I probably wouldn't smoke the weed though, the bad lungs thing would hurt me lol