Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises

★★★★★  5/5

Director
Christopher Nolan

Main Cast 
Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine (Okay, I pretty much put my favorite people here...)

Rated
PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language

Released 
June 20, 2012


             SPOILERALERT!

Storyline

After eight years of "retirement" the Dark Knight must protect his city from a new terrorist leader, Bane.

First Impressions

Ever since the boyfriend got me to watch the first movie of this Trilogy, I have been OBSESSED. Like to the point where I ended up buying Batman socks, my phone cover is Batman and I desperately need a Batman shirt... Needless to say, I was super excited for this movie. I had high expectations and I just knew it would be great. Originally, we had planned to see it opening night, but then the boyfriend got a job, working nights so that didn't happen.  I had to wait like a WEEK, listening to other people rave about how great the movie was and stuff. No bueno. OH AND THE CAST? Is it possible to pick a better selection? I love like, all of them!

Aftermath

I was not disappointed.  The story picked up right where the second left off.  At first, I wasn't too happy with Bane, but after a while, he just...fit.  Still couldn't get over the mask thing though.  It just looked odd.  I guess that was how it was supposed to look though? I just think it would have looked better if his whole head was covered in black, rather than strips.  Just my opinion -shrugs-

The acting....amazing.  It felt like the characters real people, rather than people trying to be them.  You end up sympathizing, loving, becoming connected to the characters, which only happens when a character is fully and well developed. At least, for me.

I love how they made references to the other films, connecting them, and leaving few questions left unanswered.  The boyfriend also mentioned that he really liked how being Batman had physically injured his body because afterall, he is only human. While I wouldn't go and try to save the world like Bruce, I feel inspired by the message of "even though he is only human, he still made a great impact on his community."

Bottomline

I could go on and on about how awesome this movie was, but I will stop here before I spoil too much of it! I suggest you see it and soon! I wish we saw it in 3D, only because that would have made it even more awesome, but yeah... As much as I wish it wasn't over, it was a nice end to the trilogy. :]
**Images from "Dark Knight Rises" Google image search and Player Affinity

2 comments:

Queer Christian Collective said...

Loved it. And that smile. Mmm Christian.

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

i'll admit i didn't read this post because i can't wait to see it, eek! :)

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)
xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com