Monday, July 23, 2012

What I've Been Up To - week 30

Monday:  The boyfriend and I tried to go to 24-Hour Fitness to try out their 3-Day trial. Basically, they weren't as friendly as we had hoped and the place smelled of plastic and rubber.  Big bummer.  Since when do gyms needs sales people? Anyways, we went swimming instead. Then, later that night, his momma had a recording for her demo she's working on. :]
Tuesday:  We had a meeting with out pastor.  Kind of like pre-marital counseling, I guess, but not since we aren't even engaged yet, but yeah. We had a nice chat with him, but it brought back issues from my past that I thought I was over...Guess not.  Then we went to boyfriend's house and watched Star Wars Episode Six until we had to go hang out with his friends so they could discuss their fishing day.
Wednesday: I BOUGHT A CAR! It's a Chevy Prizm, modeled after the Toyota Corolla.  I love it so much! I can hardly wait to start decorating it and driving it everywhere.
Thursday: I drove to the boyfriend's house, by myself! Big accomplishment! Then I watched him play guitar while recording for his momma.  After they were done recording, we started answering these questions in a book we have been going through called "101 Questions to Ask BEFORE You Get Engaged."  It's an awesome book and I truly believe it helps me learn him better than trying to just go with the flow.
Friday: Surprise visit from my Grandma! I had no idea that she would be visiting, but she called me on Wednesday to tell me she was here.  I don't get to see her often because she lives all the way in Idaho, but when I do, we have a great time. My cousin made delicious homemade pizza! Overall, it was an awesome visit.
Saturday: Some of the boyfriend's friends were getting together to go fishing and have a barbecue.  If you know me at all, I LOVE barbecue. WELL, except for the sauce, I can't stand barbecue sauce.  Anyways, we went to hang out with his friends for a while and then after we had eaten our fill of steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, and corn, we headed to the movie theater.  We had planned on seeing the new Batman, but that theater was PACKED and we decided to opt for another day.  Instead, we went to the discount theater and saw Snow White and the Huntsman.
Sunday: was an interesting day.  We went to church and then went to the beach to celebrate our ninth monthaversary.  Before heading to the beach, we stopped at Wendy's to get some food, but they gave me a cheeseburger  instead of a hamburger, which upset me because we were already far away and I can't eat cheese (I'm lactose intolerant).  Then we get to the beach, and it's all cold.  I was expecting a nice, warm, relaxing day at the beach.  Needless to say, I was upset the most of the day, without wanting to be.
Next Week's To-Do List
  • Monday Demo Recording
  • BATMAN! (again, since we didn't get to see it)
  • Family Visits
  • Beach Trip

No comments: