Friday, August 3, 2012

Eight August Goals

I can not believe that July is over and summer is quickly coming to a close. I REALLY don't want to go back to school on the 27th, but at the same time, I know it's my last semester until I transfer (another big step in my education world) and I can't wait to see my friends again. Also, because I took all of the required classes for my GE Credits, I'm taking all art classes! 

I have plenty of awesome things planned for the rest of my summer and I cannot wait to get started! There's a road trip this weekend, my first real photo shoot in a couple of weeks, a Marine World trip and so much more! However, I don't want August to be filled with fun and me not get anything done! (which is pretty much how July went).  I've created a list of EIGHT goals that I want to complete by the end of August(because August is the eighth month. Clever, right?).
  1. FINISH READING NARNIA.  I've been reading this series since before summer even started! I'm ready for it to be over so I can move on to other things.  I think the next series I will be reading is Lord of the Rings.  The boyfriend loves LOTR and I think I would have a better understanding of it's awesomeness if I were to read the books.  The movies always put me to sleep!
  2. GO TO THE GYM AT LEAST 3X A WEEK.  The boyfriend and I just got a new fancy gym membership a few days ago and I want to take FULL advantage of it.  If you don't remember, I had never been to a gym before June, when my mom took me to hers.  Our new gym is only about a 10-15 minute walk from my house, so there is no reason for me not to go, even if it is just to use the treadmill for 30 minutes.
  3. LOSE AT LEAST THREE POUNDS.  I don't think I've ever talked about my weight on my blog, other than mentioning that I went to the gym with my mom...  Well, I have a goal of losing 15 pounds by the end of the year. There is five more months of the year, so that means 3 pounds a month.  Of course, I would love to lose more, but I'm trying to be realistic here! 
  4. GO TO THE BEACH AT LEAST TWICE. If  you haven't noticed...I LOVE THE BEACH. One of the awesome things about me living where I do, is I can go pretty much whenever I can get someone to take me! It's about an hour away. I need SUNNNN before I go back to school and am forced to sit in dark, depressing buildings all day. 
  5. APPLY TO FOUR JOBS.  That is one a week.  I'm not desperate for a job or anything.  I NEVER spent my money when I actually had one, except on school and my phone. Occasional fast food trips. However, real college is more expensive than community college and a girl's gotta work if she doesn't want to be in debt! I really want to get a job at a photography studio, like Sears Portraits or something.  I feel it would aid in my future plans of becoming a real photographer.
  6. SAVE MONEY WHILE SHOPPING. Because I don't have my job anymore, I have been trying to be super careful when spending money. Especially since I just bought a car, which emptied my pockets and requires me to pay for a bajllion things, like insurance and GAS. I REALLY want to freshen up my wardrobe with some new school clothes.  I mean, I barely bought any for summer, even though I had every intention to.  The jean jacket that I want, I will be scouring Goodwill for one There is no point in paying a lot of a jacket that I won't wear often. California just isn't cold enough and I have a hoodie obsession. 
  7. HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS ONCE BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS.  So, I haven't seen my school friends since right before I left for Ohio in June.  It's kind of depressing.  I miss them quite a bit.  I want to plan...something for us all to get together before school starts so we can just chill and enjoy the end of summer together.
  8. START A PHOTO SERIES. You know....when a photographer has a ton of photos that have a common theme, but they aren't the same? I've seen one that was of a man watering his plants, but it was never the same man. Never the same plants.  I want to start something like that.  I could easily do a beach themed series, but I want to challenge myself. 
So, there you go.  My  Eight August Goals.  Wish me luck! What are your goals for August?

1 comment:

Queer Christian Collective said...

All really great goals. You will DEFINITELY lose fifteen pounds if you make the dedication to work out (even the thirty minutes on the treadmill will do volumes if you interval) and eat right. :) Good luck girl!