Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guest Post: God Provisions, Diva Babies, and Scales

This weekend, the boyfriend and I will be heading North to visit his grandparents  I've never met them before, but it will be a great opportunity, especially because his grandfather has colon cancer.  I don't want to never be able to meet him, when I had the chance to now.  Also, it's important that the boyfriend spends as much time as possible with him.
ANYWAYS, while I'm away, I  have asked Elise, one of my favorite bloggers, to guest post for me about whatever she would like.  Personally, I think she did a wonderful job and I hope you enjoy her post!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking a hot mess just for you!
Hey there kids. Miss Cait asked me to do a guest post on her blog. I'm quite honored to say the least! Not only that, but it's pretty sweet blogging at a place called "Enigmatic Ambiance." God gives us pretty cool opportunities :) My name is Elise, and I blog over at The Jersey Flower. I'm nineteen years full of loveliness, wisdom, and a few mistakes. A few of the things that I blog about:
  •  my endeavors as both a vegan and an active feminist
  •  my growing walk with Christ and unconditional love for God
  •  my inability to walk properly on my own two feet (champion falling-UP-the-stairs-er anyone?)
  •  my adventures as a Jersey girl-gone New York as a college sophomore, where I double major in Social Psychology & English and minor in Women's Studies
Make sure you stop by and say hello! I'd love to hear from you.
Now, I wasn't sure where to go with this post.
Do I make you laugh? Do I get artsy? Do I showcase products?
Do I bombard you with my favourite things like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music?
In the end, I decided to share some things that have been on my heart recently.
Three things: God's provisions, diva babies, and scales -- but not the kind you're thinkin'!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God will provide. This is something I've been posting a bit about on my own blog. I think that when bad things happen, it's really easy for us to point fingers. Well GOD, you're not helping me out! Well GOD, you're not answering my prayers! Well GOD, you're not doing your part! Immediately we want to yell, kick, and scream at the big man upstairs because down below we're stumbling over our own two feet. 
Especially when it's one of those weeks where it's one thing after the other. I have those a lot. The past two weeks have been like that for me. But I stop myself when I start to get angry, and remind myself that I am blessed. God answers all of our prayers - there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer - but it's all in his timing and sometimes, it's in his own way. You might -think- you need this thing, but God blesses you with something else and you realize, holy cow. That was exactly what I needed!
In particular, I'm having a lot of financial struggles. A loooooot. But the Bible tells us that we don't have to worry about these kind of things. Material and beyond. It tells us, "your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need."
Um, hellooooo? That speaks volumes. I'm praying and I'm already seeing progress.
God will provide. Have faith.
When you give a baby diva glasses, she plays the part. My youth leader  picked me up and brought me home from Youth Group yesterday. Well, Jess #2 has two children whom I adore - Daniel and Maddie. Daniel just turned four, and Maddie is still under two. If you knew me, you'd know that handling babies freaks me out. I don't like the screaming. Maddie doesn't cry! That's why we bond so much. But yesterday in the car, I put a pair of diva glasses on her. You know - those pointed bright pink "sunglasses" with the faux jewels that all little girls like to act cool in. Well, I learned that when you put the diva on the girl, the girl puts the diva on. 
This boy Mikey blew her a kiss, which he always does and Maddie is always a cute little flirt back, but she lowered her glasses, "pfft" at him, and put them back on while looking away. Whaaaat? Attitude already! Then I let her borrow my pencil, and when I asked for it back, she started bawling her eyes out. Like, OD Noah-needs-his-arc tears. When I told her, "Maddie girl, don't cry. You have mommy's phone!" She threw both on the floor, crossed her arms, and just pouted. She's still a baby, guys! How does this happen? Eeek, I definitely learned my lesson. My kid isn't getting sunglasses when she finally exists, lol!
How much are you eating? I promise, this isn't as scary as it sounds. My dad sends out a lot of packages and he has a scale that weights in oz. and grams. If you look at your food, most of it shows you not only the calories, nutrition, fat, etc - but how many oz. or grams are in a serving. I sincerely recommend that if you're concerned about your intake and getting fit, you pay attention to this and get a scale. 
It's not about being obsessed with how many calories you're eating. (Though we all know that if you're eating more than you burn, you're gaining weight - not losing it!) It's about being self aware of what you're putting into your body. Your body is your temple and you only have one - so why not treat it right and get a healthier life going for it? Your organs may look gross, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a pretty home with all the works! Start weighing out your food to see how many servings you're eating. You won't over-eat that way. I promise.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed! That's what's been on my heart and in my life recently. Have wonderful days, weeks, months, years, and lives. God bless - no matter what your faith is. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to write this post, Elise!
I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did and don't forget to check out her blog.
Tomorrow, I have a scheduled link up post for you all, but I will be back on Monday full of stories and pictures to share with you all.
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: