Friday, August 31, 2012

Pretty Amazing v.2

  • I got through this week.  As I stated in my previous post, I had a pretty stressful week. I could NOT stop thinking about how much stuff I needed to buy by this date and that date.  I prayed and asked God to take control of everything. Multiple times.  My mind still would not stop.  Sleeping seemed to be the only thing that would turn it off. 
  • The fact that I'm not as bad at drawing as I thought I was. In painting, our professor showed us how to draw bottles and tea kettles.  They are actually REALLY simple. I just never would have thought of doing it the way he showed us. It was wonderful.
  • Painting, in general.  When you make a mistake while painting, that's okay because it can be covered up, really easily! This also means that terrible sketches can be covered! Also, paintings usually look BETTER when there are a ton of layers. 
  • Sunsets. OH how I wish I took a picture.  The other night, the sunset made a rainbow. I'm not even kidding, it was like ROYGBIV throughout the entire sky.  I had never seen anything like that before. At least not with the colors so vivid.
  • Cell phones.  With my schedule the way it is right now, I would have little contact with people who didn't live with me or see me at school if I didn't have a phone.  Thankfully, I can talk to my maja and boyfriend whenever I want with a simple text!

What have you found Pretty Amazing this week?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cell phones are amazing. Sometimes I get nostalgic and think if would be fun to live in the 'olden days'....but I really like living in the age of cell phones!