Thursday, January 24, 2013

California Adventures: Little Yosemite

Periodically, I drag my boyfriend with me to random beaches, regional parks and well, you get the idea.  I enjoy taking pictures of those types of places and I get to spend time with him while I do so. 

Recently, I figured out the buttons on my camera to shoot manually.  That may seem weird, but I could never figure it out on my digital camera.   I know how to shoot manually on a film camera, but with my digital, I pretty much stuck to the Auto Landscape setting.

BUT! After reading the manual, I figured it out and I started shooting in RAW instead of JPEG.  Which is why this post is a day late.  With RAW files, you have to actually edit your pictures and then convert them and I was having troubles figuring out how to do this, but let me tell you, Lightroom is amazing and can do EVERYTHING I needed it to.

Here are some pictures that I took while we hiked through the trails of Little Yosemite to find some waterfalls. 

Have you been on any adventures lately?

No comments: