Thursday, January 3, 2013

Monthly Goals: January 2013!

Each month, like many people, I give myself a few goals.  Some are the same each month while others are random goals that I think will help me become the person that I strive to be.

For the majority of this month, I will be on winter break, so I have a LOT of time on my hands.  With that time, I hope to strengthen relationships, get my life organized and focus on getting things accomplished that I have been putting off for who knows how long.

  1. START BLOGGING AGAIN! I used to blog a lot. At least, it felt like I did, but then my school schedule was so crazy last semester that it felt like I barely had any time for myself, let alone blogging, so that got pushed out of my life for awhile, but I miss it. 
  2. FATMUMSLIM'S PHOTOADAY CHALLENGE.  I really loved doing the photo a day challenges on Instagram, but like blogging, I stopped doing them.  I want to start it again, especially because photography is kind of my "thing".
  3. CARRY MY CAMERA WITH ME.  Because I had a Barnes and Nobles giftcard, I bought this book of DIY ideas you can do with pictures.  It said that most people don't carry around their DSLR's.  I used to be that person that did though and I want to start doing that again. Having a camera with me at all times is important to me and I feel I would take more pictures if I had it.
  4. FINISH TWO BOOKS. At least two.  I'm ashamed to say it, but I have been reading The Hobbit since September. I'm only have way through.  Thank god the movie ended exactly where I left off, but that was just luck.  I really need to finish it and since I have the time at the moment, I really don't have a reason not to. 
  5. DON'T COMPLAIN AT THE GYM.  I didn't go to the gym for like three weeks in December because of illnesses.  I missed it so much that today when I went, I told myself not to complain about what my boyfriend told me to do (he's kind of like my personal trainer). I want to keep that up because not only did I feel better when I left, but I actually enjoyed myself while I was doing the workouts.
  6. ORGANIZE MY BEDROOM. I don't really have many places to put things in my room, except for in my closet and under my bed, so things tend to stack up on my desk, dresser and clothes are always scattered all over my floor.  I need to get into the habit of putting away my clothes and I need to figure out where to put everything else.  Maybe donate somethings?
  7. GO THROUGH 10 MAGAZINES.  Okay, so I have this pile of magazines that I have collected so I can cut phrases out of them, but I never actually do this. I need to go through them so I can get rid of the pile and declutter my bedroom. 
  8. ADVENTURE AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK.  I've declared Saturdays Adventure days, meaning I will do something fun, OUTDOORS every Saturday. This Saturday, I'm dragging my boyfriend to the beach.  Because Saturdays are Adventure days, that leaves only one more day a week to do something fun and exciting. I got this! :]

What are you goals for this month?

1 comment:

Melissa Boo said...

Good luck with your goals. I do monthly goals as well and have a link up at the beginning of every month. Come link up if you like.

http://sarcasticremark.blogspot.com/2013/01/january-goals-and-december-recap.html