Monday, September 16, 2013

Blogtember: Dear Mom

Dear Maja,

When I moved, I knew what I was giving up, but I'm not sure I realized how much I would miss those things as much as I do now. 

I miss your spaghetti.  Nobody makes it quite the same as you do.
I miss singing to the radio with you while riding in the passenger seat, as we drive twenty minutes to WalMart.
I miss sitting in your break room after school, waiting for you to get off work so I didn't have to take the bus.
I miss renting a million movies from the library and watching all of them because we didn't have cable.
I miss you telling me to clean the house all the time.
I miss baking cookies with you.
I miss sitting on the couch and cuddling.
I miss crawling into bed with you after daddy went to work.
I miss walking everywhere because our car decided not to work that day.
I miss the little games you made up to keep kids entertained.
I miss your hugs and the I love you's.
I miss all of the little things.

Most of all, I miss you.

Thank you for being an amazing mother.

Love,
Caitlyn

P.S. I can hardly wait to see you in June when the siblings graduate! Having no one in the family in high school anymore is going to be weird!


No comments: