Monday, May 28, 2012

What I've Been Up To - week 22

Monday: was our last day at work. The store is now closed and all of the staff are off to move on with their lives.  I'm really going to miss everyone! I ended up taking home a bunch of stuff that I thought I would be able to use for scrapbooking and other arts and crafts type of things. I snagged a box full of markers, tons of stickers, stacks of magazines, and so much more. After work, the boyfriend took me shopping because I was in desperate need of new clothing. I ended up getting two shirts and a necklace from Kohl's for like $16.  I saw  a dress I wouldn't mind picking up at Old Navy, but I want to see what my grandma thinks of it before I actually buy it, so I'll probably drag take her later this week. Later, we went to the boyfriend's house and watched Avatar and hung out with his mom and sister.  ALSO, it's my last day of work, but it's his first real day of work, so I'll be missing him tonight, but I'm glad he got a job after searching for so long.
Tuesday: The boyfriend and I have officially been together for SEVEN months! When I woke up this morning, for some reason, I had a strange urge to clean my room, which I've been meaning to do for awhile now.  I went through my dresser and closet and pulled out clothes that I never wear so I can give them away and clothes that are ripped and just don't look good anymore. Strangely, I found some clothes with tags on them still! That kind of upset me, but they were all gifts that I never really liked, so no big deal. Which makes me wonder, WHY DIDN'T I GET RID OF THEM BEFORE!? The boyfriend then came over and we "played" tennis. Quotation marks around the played because if you have ever played tennis with anyone who has never played before, you will know that it's mostly running around the courts chasing a neon ball. After tennis, we got cleaned up, watched Big Bang Theory and then went to Olive Garden for our monthaversary dinner.  It was so yummy!
Wednesday: This morning, my grandma and I went back to Old Navy so I could show her the dress that I wanted so I could wear it on my birthday. She thought it was cute, so I bought it along with a cardigan, two t-shirts, and two tank tops. When I got back from shopping, I laid in bed, looking at random blogs while waiting for the boyfriend to wake up and come over. We sat on the couch and answered some questions from a book called "101 Questions To Ask Before You Get Engaged." My cousins came over for a little bit and we acted like we were turtles with a clothes basket. Oh how I miss the imagination of a child. My grandma made penne marinara for dinner.  After dinner, I put the rest of my clothes away (they were scattered ALL over my bedroom floor) and spent the night watching Disney movies. Sleeping Beauty. Hunchback of Notre-Dame. The Jungle Book. They brought back so many memories and I couldn't believe how long it's been since I've seen some of them.
Thursday: was clean my room day. I seriously spent ALL day cleaning it, with a few little breaks. You can read more about that HERE.
Friday: was the day that marked my 20th year! It was a pretty awesome day and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I wore my new dress, my boyfriend gave me a pedicure, and I got to spend time with my family. I didn't ask for much for my birthday. All I wanted was a barbecue with the family and that's exactly what I got. I had gotten it in my head that I wanted to take a bunch of fun pictures, with props and stuff, so I asked my cousins to bring over their tiaras (I have my own because they gave me one for Christmas) and I popped some lenses out of the 3D glasses that I always keep from the movie theater. Together, the boyfriend and I took over 1500 pictures! OH! and my grandma made me a brownie cake because I don't like actual cake. Andddd I nearly forgot to describe the gifts! My aunt and her family gave me snacks and stuff for my upcoming plane trip to Ohio. My grandparents got me pajama pants, because that's what I asked for. My boyfriend's parents gave me two tripods so I can take better family pictures and my amazing boyfriend gave me a bracelet like the one he gave me two Christmases ago, only this one is green instead of pink. I wore the pink bracelet EVERYWHERE until one day it slipped off my wrist and shattered. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better day. 

Saturday: was a lazy day. I didn't get dressed until around 1 p.m. and I didn't actually leave my bed until about 3:30, when the boyfriend came to take me to his house. When we got there, I told his mom all about my birthday and then I went outside to the backyard with him where he was cleaning the pool.  I read Chronicles of Narnia while watching him (I'm almost done!) Later, we watched Star Wars Episode 111 and 1V with his dad and sister. His mom made tacos for dinner! Yum <3
Sunday: I went to church and then the boyfriend and I went to the beach!  First, we stopped at Chipotle because we were starving.  To read more about my beach adventure, go to my photography blog.
Next Week's To Do List
  • Memorial Day Barbecue 
  • Bowling, maybe
  • Driver's License Test
  • Pack for Ohio Trip
Now that  you have read about my fantastic week, how was your week?

No comments: